The engine shed was provided at the time of the opening of the line to Minnipa in 1913. It was a design which was commonly used in country locations around South Australia from the 1890s, with the major difference being the vents above the end doors. Many had a semi-circular style of vent, although Minnipa was provided with rectangular louvre panels.
The shed was demolished as soon as steam was withdrawn from the Port Lincoln Division. It was gone by August 1970.