(157M 28C from Port Lincoln)
Minnipa was opened as terminus of the line from Port Lincoln on 5 May 1913. At the time of opening the facilities included an engine shed, coal stage, station building, maintenance barracks and two residences. It became a 'through' station when line opened to Nunjikompita on 14 August 1914 (later extended to Thevenard and Penong).
A small goods shed was erected by 1919, and transportation barracks in 1920-21. A 3 ton derrick crane and additional sidings were provided in 1926-27, and combined sheep and cattle yards in 1930. A dining room was added to the transportation barracks c.1936.
A new larger goods shed was erected c.1953, replacing the small original one. Between 1951 and 1955 a new 15 ton coaling gantry improved life for the loco crews. The first grain silos (4 cells) were constructed in 1962, and an additional siding was added on 21 January 1963 to assist with shunting of the silos. A second block of 6 silos was constructed in 1968, and the following year a further 6 cells were added to the original block. The derrick crane was replaced with a new revolving jib crane in 1967.
The northern leg of the triangle was disconnected on 23 March 1972, following the withdrawal of all steam locomotives from the Division in 1970. A new transportation barracks building was erected in 1972-73. Station staff were withdrawn and Minnipa became unattended from 1 August 1983. The yard layout was extensively revised in mid-1983, with the loop sidings extended and an additional dead-end siding provided. The station building was demolished on 28 May 1985.