OJ Horse Box

Prev Next

Class OJ
Vehicle type 4-wheel horse box
First introduced 1882
To Port Lincoln 1924
Ex Port Lincoln 1954
Load capacity 3 horses, 4 grooms
Number on Eyre Peninsula 1
Vehicle numbers OJ1268

Built Jan 1882 as horse box J1268. Rebuilt as OJ1268 27 Aug 1924, to Port Lincoln. Some diagrams show capacity as 3 horses, 1 groom. Converted to CF flat wagon Nov 1954.

The only known photo showing OJ1268 on Eyre Peninsula. The vehicles are (from left) a K cattle van, OJ1268, what appears to be a tarped load on a C type wagon, and a PP insulated van. Enlarged from a small portion of an early photo.